Saturday, October 22, 2005

Addictions

Everyone has addictions. Whether it's endorphins, drugs, sugar, caffeine... we've all got them. I've written so much about sugar, HFCS, and the cycles they throw our body into. Without being conscious of it, I was stuck in a few cycles.

The sugar cycle. To break food cycles, the three day rule generally applies. If you can make it past 3 days, your body is in the clear. Today is day three. The first day I had one piece of chocolate... these cravings hit hard! It usually hits me after a meal when I am digesting and lethargic.

Day two I treated myself to a pedicure for all the hard work I'd put my feet through lately. As I was walking out the door, I snagged two sugar candies... they hit the tongue before I got to my car. Damn! I am supposed to have will power! The first furniture store I went to had the same damn candies! Two more down. Ok, the sugar rush started to hit me. Luckily lunch was near. After 8 more furniture stores, a lot of overpriced used crap and a few good laughs, a good sushi fix led me to forget about my sweet tooth.

Today I am in the sugar clear. A few strawberries with my protein shake in the morning, but that's it! Today I break the cycle.

Caffeine is out... that was as simple as switching to Yogi Detox Tea instead of my Yogi Green Tea. Same great fortune on my tea tag... not much of an immediate energy difference.

Salt. After the 1/2 marathon last weekend, I feel like I ingested salt. I felt like I needed so much! I ended up taking in much more than I needed and bloated up like a balloon. Fun.

Today I cleanse. A few days of Detox tea has led me to feel much better. Today I stretch out my body with some asanas.

No comments: