Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008. Hello 2009!

Class went well. It felt good to be back on sacred ground. I was immediately welcomed with smiles-which was so nice. A few of my old students came, knowing I was going to be there... and a few students remembered me, happy for the surprise.

I miss my own classes though. I miss having my regular clan, ready to play on their mats. I love teaching, but I never again want to need the money it brings.

Of course I stumbled on a few of my words, but shocking to me, many of them came right back, as if I'd never left them.

A few more days until Winter Quarter begins... then Spring Quarter, then China and India... then? Then I answer that question I'm sure everyone will continue to ask... "what next?" Right now, I don't know.

All I can do is set my positive intentions for the new year and hang on as it unravels. Life is good. 2008 was a good year, a hard year, but a good year. I feel like I made the right decision to go back to school, no doubt.

No comments: