Monday, December 11, 2006

Crisis Means Opportunity

Holy cow it's been a long time! Let's see if I can bring it all up to speed quickly...

I had a birthday, threw a great party, got the 30-day notice from my landlord, had tofurkey, car trouble, holiday party with too much tequila, and here we are today... I got two thrilling things!!!

1. A post office box that is adorable. They gave me #68, not 1000 and something, but 68, one of the originals!

2. A storage unit! This will inevitably be the cheapest rent EVER.

So there was my life in a nutshell. I'm pulling up my roots and moving back in with Betsy for a while. I have a few places I can go, and if those don't work, I may head back to the hub. I may have tapped out my opportunities in SLO. That's a reality I'm coming to terms with.

I'm not feeling very festive with so much preoccupation, but the fear and stress has finally lifted. I think I bottomed out last week, and now I just have to make lemonade out of lemons.

The one thing I keep thinking about is what my mom said a few days ago.

CRISIS MEANS OPPORTUNITY.

I don't want to lose steam at 24, I have to keep climbing.

No comments: