Monday, March 12, 2007

That Wave

I slept in today, and I wasn't supposed to. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I don't want to be an early morning person anymore... not unless it's for my own benefit. I feel less stressed in general, after being pretty sick from last week's stress attack, and realize again that I can only do so much.

I'm wondering if this past weekend's 2 day cold was allergy related? I haven't had issues in the past, but the pollen in the air is thick. Venessa would be in agony.

I took Tay to the beach today after work. I almost took a surfboard, but took running shoes instead. That's the last time I won't bring both! The surf was perfect for me... little, clean, warm. The perfect wave. I imagine evening surf is going to be pretty good for a while... and I can't think of a better way to end my day.

Tay and I played soccer for about 3 miles. We'd switch off offense and defense, until we needed to gain some serious yardage. It was such good training to just run with the ball at my feet. It brings me back about 10 years :O)

I didn't bring my camera tonight, but it was one of those nights; warm breeze, pink sky, picture perfect. The clouds even have a way of perfectly framing the view, it's like they were only intended to be there... no where else.

After our run, I remembered what my live blood analysis doctor had said about releasing through cold water on the feet. I HAD to go in the ocean! After a brief dip, I could feel my body sigh. It only wanted to cool itself, and all that the day brought was heat.

I'm remembering how good this ocean feels, and plan to be in it as much as possible.... indefinately.

No comments: