Sunday, September 11, 2005

Pacific Grove Triathlon

This weekend was the PG Triathlon. I drove up to surprise my sister for her birthday. The race was beautiful as always. It was a bit cloudy in the mornings, but cool sunny race weather. I was one of two spectators for our bunch that day, but spent most of the day wandering around myself. I ran into Laura Miller from TriCal 1st thing in the morning who snuck me a VIP pass--which allowed me to get the best camera positions. Watching four people race meant me running around for about five hours chasing times when I thought they might appear.

The announcer was loud, actually there were two and wherever I was, the sound followed. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but for a highly sensitive person like myself, I freaked out a little. So many people, so much energy, so much noise!

So... I used my VIP pass to get a free ocean front lunch. Ahhh. It was a nice breather. I was exhausted from my day of being a fan... and I wasn't even the best fan. I missed all but one finish, and passed out before any of the racers did. I don't know how I ever did these things.

It did make me think of Wildflower this year and how much fun it was. Such a badass group of supporters, great uncomplicated company from the Frustrating Friend. I do miss him... but not his complications. I do wonder if he can break his patterns in dating... and if I can do the same? I guess the world may never know.

No comments: