Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Blank Canvas

It's nearly the end of July and more transitions on the horizon. I finally move in to my new downtown 1 bedroom. YAY!! I am really really really excited but very nervous about money. A few months ago, when I was working 12 hour days consistently, I had enough money for a new car, travels, etc. Now that I'm working a normal 8-9 hour day, I don't have so much money, and the combo of a new stunning rent payment... well, it's making me quite nervous.

SO, I'm going to... deep breath... try living without a car for a while, granted I can sell it. I bought it just 7 months ago, and LOVE it, but can't afford it and rent, and to stay at my current place of employment. So, I've posted it online, and hopefully someone will want it. I need to call the bank again and make sure I know the SOP. If I do this, I can get really close to paying off my student loans (hopefully) and just maybe get closer to $0.

I'm trying to get creative with what I want to do now. I'm feeling that there may be a big career shift for me, although I'm not quite sure what I want to invest my time into, besides yoga. The activities that make me the happiest are yoga, writing, and running. It will be many many moons before someone wants to pay me enough to live off of from just yoga... writing, well I don't think you'd call my writing technical, and running, well I'm no gazelle.

OK, so in the yoga community, I'm looking into some of the local opportunities but also the national companies who may want me to work remotely. That'd be sweet.

The wine industry... being a food critic... hairdresser, bartender, hmmmm... I just don't know. I will figure it out. I will say I'm good at what I do now, but it's sure taxing.

Change is the theme of the summer, and it's not bad.

My career, and even my life is a blank canvas right now. Man I'm gonna miss that car.

No comments: