Monday, July 16, 2007

The Good Bad and Ugly

I started teaching yoga at Tridosha last week, and I've LOVED it so far. I received a warm welcome my first class with 7 people. Being a small room, I think the maximum is probably about 20, but the largest I've seen is about 10. I was stoked. I'm hoping I will continue to grow as an instructor and this can be my modality instead of personal training. I'm tired. I'm tired of pushing people past their physical limits only to be tired, not to also have peace of mind and open energetic pathways.

My second class had 3 people... which was also fun, but my Monday morning 7AM class, not surprisingly had NOT ONE person but me. So I practiced by myself and it was glorious. Absolutely glorious.

Being in the yoga studio makes me dread going to work, to the shaking office where there's always someone demanding your attention. I love the peace and quiet and meditative state of mind. I don't feel overstimulated in that environment, I feel GOOD and STABLE and SANE. Getting into that state of mind makes you not even need to over eat or over indulge.

I'm trying really hard not to be frustrated, but the reality is that I may need to move away from SLO. I know I can make a good life for myself here--but I'm stumbling quite a bit. There's no job market here, even for those with as many connections as I have. I will create it, I will find my next job, but my oh my am I frustrated with my situation.

I am considering selling my car and riding a bike everywhere, and in theory it sounds fine since I'll be living in SLO and working in SLO, but I know not being able to get to the beach with Tay or home to my parents would be dreadful.

Deep breaths. Deep, rich, beautiful breaths.

No comments: