Sunday, February 18, 2007

Best Chair Ever

I'm ironically sitting in the same spot as I was last week, the relax-the-back chair. I took 1/2 of Monday off, giving me two full days to unwind and relax.

I needed it. The last 2 weeks have been oh so stressful. It seems like I've reached the calm after the storm... finally.

I'm thinking about how I can start to work for myself more... how I can keep my own interest in mind as I'm working for others. I think it's about keeping records and notes of the things I'm doing, and also taking the time to ensure my basic needs are being met.

It's been hard not having a home. I've been staying with Betsy, which is absolutely great, about half the time, and with Ray the other half. Even though both places are cozy (especially with Ray's new bed and cookware) they aren't MY home. They don't have my things and my energy, only a small space. The detachment lesson is huge though, for that I am thankful.

I did get to the point last week of not having a place to go... Betsy had houseguests in her guest room, where I've been staying, and Ray and I were NOT getting along. It was the worst feeling in the world. So bad, that I looked on Craigs list the next day for rooms to rent for a few weeks. I drove around aimlessly, prepared to show up on a friend's doorstep, or at worst, sleep in my car. Thankfully Ray and I worked it out. Next time I'll just get a hotel room.

I'm getting excited about New York, and for that matter all that lies ahead. I'm excited about where I am and how I've established myself... and I hope that I can keep my head glued on tight enough to ride this wave for a length of time.

Figuring out how to vacation and get paid is my question. Maybe to find clients who travel and vacation... a high roller who needs a trainer to come along for the ride and keep their body in check?

I guess after watching The Secret, I just need to figure out what I want and ask for it... create the vision.

Perhaps it's time to explore this option...

No comments: