Monday, January 28, 2008

On the Path

I signed up for health insurance today, if they accept my application that is. It's been a few months I've survived without it this go round, and anticipating the snowboarding trip to come next week, I thought maybe insurance would be nice to have just in case. I'm not convinced that I'll use it too often, but at least I'll have the option.

The rain is getting to me. After my soaking Tuesday last week, I've hesitated to spend much time outside in this weather. There have been a few breaks in which I've enjoyed a hike or walk, but I'm off the running wagon for a few days. Last night I got cozy in bed on the heating blanket, pretending to be a reptile... which has really become my routine as of late. I read my JivaMukti yoga book, in my effort for self teacher training due to the lack of funding in my present life.

The book is fabulous, but the wind was too crazy! The lattice on the front porch was swinging 6 feet into the air and crashing into the window. The metal archway on the side house was clanging every few seconds. I tried to meditate through it, I tried... but I finally called for backup and was swept up by a prince back to his toasty cave. I felt like such a baby! I remembered all those days of hiding from the storms when I was little, and being so mad that my family wanted to be out in it... I guess some things never change.

I've been searching the internet for cars, and there are some affordable ones that aren't too shabby! Whenever I finally get another vehicle, this experience has changed my life forever. No longer will I rely on only a car for transportation when I have 2 good legs and 3 beautiful bikes. Ultimately I think I will buy another car, for the freedom really. Being able to drive to the beach alone is a gift, or to take Taylor somewhere, anywhere. I have so many people in my life willing to help support me, loan their cars, etc., but I am one independent and stubborn girl, who likes to be alone much of the time!

At least now I'm insured.

No comments: