Friday, February 08, 2008

1103

There's a house at the end of my street I look at at least once a day. The street address is 1103... which is my birthday, November 3rd. Usually when you see a street number, you simply read it or not, depending on your motives. Street numbers don't really stand out, but this house stands out to me.

1103 is on the front of the house twice, within a few feet of the other, but on separate sides of the same wall. They say the exact same thing, not unit A or #2, but simply 1103, both of them.

There are always two ways to look at things, and that thought is provoked each time I pass this small house. Is it a Comic Sans day or rather a Times New Roman day?

The lessons I'm currently working on are
1. Not harvesting too much attachment... to people, to possessions, to food...
2. Not assuming what others are thinking, or anticipating the next move. I am the only one responsible for my happiness.

I've been handing out these wisdom and thought cards at the end of class, and people read them out loud if they'd like to. It's mind therapy, after the body therapy. I learn so much from yoga, and the ever changing teachers and practices. My classes have been super sized with the opening of the new studio. The energy is just so undeniably pure and rich, people have been flocking. My class last night housed 15, and before the new opening, I had 10 max. 10-15 is now consistent :O)

The red volvo fell through. A friend of mine doesn't tell people much not to jinx it from happening, which I didn't entirely understand. When you're excited, shouldn't you share it? When I told people of the possibility of this pretty red car, I had a feeling in my gut that this would be my lesson. True to the premonition, the guy decided not to sell. He did show me a 1990 Jetta trashed by a teenager as a consolation. Too kind. He hoped I wasn't offended.

It was my own fault, because I'd already imagined the I heart Yoga sticker on my rear window.

And such is life... so it goes. Maybe that's my sign to keep riding my bike... and take the bus when it rains. Maybe, maybe not.

No comments: