Saturday, February 16, 2008

Car, Run, Breathe

So it came through... the red volvo that is. I bought it ironically on Valentine's Day. I researched a lot, and really feel like I got a great deal on a great (affordable) car. I've already been enjoying being mobile around town. Granted in the last 3 days I've barely driven 10 miles, but still, it's the convenience of having it if I NEED it, in the dark, in the cold. I still prefer to walk and bike whenever I can.

I've spent the last 5 days or so primarily helping the musician move... paint, prep, pack, sort, trash, transplant, etc. Finally today we arrived at the finish line, almost. There are minor things to orchestrate, but nothing drastic. I've been fine helping, I enjoy it really, but today I hit my max. I needed to run, fast and far. The last few runs I've taken haven't quenched my thirst. I've been gone so much that I feel like taking Taylor is a must, but he slows after a few miles, and likes to stop and smell the flowers, really it's the pee on the flowers, but I imagine the first scenario.

So I ditched Tay and took off, running super fast. I was heading for my 9 mile loop, even though it's been over a week since I've put any miles in. I sprinted for about 1 mile and then slowed to a jog, I decided to cut it at about 6 miles and opted to attend the Yin and Flow class at Smiling Dog... a wise decision.

Lisa, the instructor and studio owner, said something that resonated with me, well many things, but this one in particular...

all exercise stresses the body.

I'm thinking that a daily yoga practice is really the cure to all ailments and imbalances. Pranayama is the golden ticket.

No comments: