Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sickling Saturday

I missed teaching in the Yogathon, an event I've been looking forward to for a very long time, and the Wine Festival in Paso Robles. Thursday morning I woke up with a sore throat. My energy level was so low that I skipped my workout and opted just to teach yoga, and even that was a stretch.

Friday morning I seemed OK, ran a few miles and headed off to work, to a much disappointing conversation with my supervisor. At our last meeting, the option of me being a permanent employee (with benefits and all) seemed certain. Yesterday, she was trying to figure out what would suffice short of that. I told her nothing would suffice, really. If I hadn't landed a full time gig by next fall, I was destined for graduate school, period.

After that conversation, ironically or not, I started sneezing, coughing, snot running. Uncertain if I was sick or had allergies (like most folks around here) I prayed it was illness, because that would have a definitive end.

I had a massage, went for a swim, picked up a very petite, freshly shaven Taylor and headed home. It continued to worsen, so The Musician fed me some medicine and dinner and put me to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night to a restless Musician and dog and needed more medicine and a shower to get more sleep. I couldn't breathe out of my nose, couldn't stop coughing, had a head ache, body aches and a slight fever.

I didn't get out of bed for the majority of yesterday, making me feel a bit sluggish! My night ended with more medicine, a live private music performance and falling asleep in the living room chair. I was kindly tucked in and blink... I woke up this morning, feeling more like 75% rather than 10%.

Today I was domestic, laundry, ironing clothes and napkins (surprises even myself!), chores, plants, etc... the ironing was done just in my skivvies due to the temperature today, and my neighbors (2 girls) walked by my back door and giggled. Was it me, or what was written on the back of my chonies?

Anywho, I'm feeling better, but lacking exercise. With the pool closed and the temperatures high, I'm contemplating my plan of action. Maybe I'll change the tire on my road bike and go for a cruise? Or maybe take little yellow dog out for a cruise instead... at least now I can breathe out of my nose!

No comments: