Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Art of Balance

Balance. It is what I strive to achieve in every single day. But just when you think you are starting to become balanced, a new challenge arises. For instance, if my personal world is balanced, my mental, emotional or spiritual worlds could not necessarily be.

This is the biggest challenge in my life. My ultimate goal is wellness... being a wellness coach and personal trainer. What I have discovered the last few months is that all of these worlds are connected. Especially the mental and physical: why are Americans getting so fat? Why are we eating junk? Why are we so disconnected to our bodies? There are mental issues that are consistent in this country leading to obesity.

The more I study psychology, the more I think everyone should get therapy. I believe in every kind of therapy: massage therapy, personal training, self help... anything to enable the SELF. Isn't that what we are all trying to figure out anyway? Who we are and how we fit into the world based on who we want others to think we are... or whose expectations we are trying to meet?

Enough of my soapbox, I need to get in some Ashtanga before it gets too late.

No comments: