Friday, August 19, 2005

The Key is 3

I have struggled with motivating others to change their health... it's my job, but very difficult. I came to the conclusion that a person will lose weight if they give up 3 things... and commit to giving up these three things as a lifestyle change:

white flour, sugar* & fried food

...with the elimination of these things and inclusion of sufficient water, I feel most people will lose weight. *this means soda too!

I noticed in my own patterns, that I feel refreshed and energized when I wake up after consuming little sugar the day before. If I have had a sugar-filled day, I wake up hung over... barely able to force myself to wake up.

The secret to losing weight, at least to me, is stabilizing one's blood sugar. If you are consuming sugar regularly, your blood sugar is spiked and then comes down hard. When blood sugar comes down hard, you crave sugary, simple carbs... it becomes a cycle. I believe it becomes an addiction.

If you can stabilize the blood sugar levels with the combination of lean protein and complex carbohydrates, meals will last a longer amount of time. This means that you will consistently eat less! Translation: you will lose weight. Not to mention the amount of fiber in complex carbohydrates will help to rid of excess fat in the body.

Feel free to email for meal suggestions or replacements for these 3 evils.

No comments: