Sunday, August 07, 2005

White Flour

Today started with the best intentions. It actually started last night. I got home from work at about 11:30pm after sharing a cocktail and a slice of pizza with Sandra. My housemate was still up, making a cake.

Cake at almost midnight? It would go right to my hips (along with the pizza)! I kindly refused and ducked off to bed. She offered to make me breakfast in the morning... I said "sure, just wake me up." I'm thinking a good breakfast early enough to digest before yoga, right?

Turns out to be buttermilk pancakes, log cabin syrup and cheddar cheese eggs. Delicious, neverminding the fact that my body spins out with even small amounts of sugar. I ate, and spun... all morning and into the afternoon. I kept on spinning right until I ended up at New Frontiers after yoga.

I must have been crashing at this point. I purchased everything wholesome and good in the entire store, barely made it home where I quickly made myself an eggless tofu sandwich and piece of salmon. Whew!

It's so scary what white flour can do. I've been craving the stuff all day, and if I don't run it off and rinse it out of me, it stays put! Scary. Try putting white flour and water in a drain... if it clogs that pipe, what does it do to our pipes?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

The pipes thoughts are inspired by the infamous "fiber tube."

Yoga with Jenn was good... it was only Mark, Jenn, the lady with all the towels and me. We practiced mysore-style which was a little distracting since I don't have the entire series down yet, but good for me. My memory is shot.

I'd love to join you in SB... I have some serious practice to get in though. Maybe a few early morning sessions with you and I'd be more prepared. I read your blog after your practice... sounded great. How's the knee?