Friday, March 24, 2006

Almost There

It seems like most of my posts lately have read something about work... or how tired I've been. Well, ladies and gentleman, the train stops here. I have 5 days straight to work, off to NYC, and then... my floor shifts are (by request) almost cut in half! Hooray!

So once this happens, the search for consistent clients becomes more intense. The more consistent clients I get, the more money I make, the easier my life becomes. This is the goal... but I still find myself giving away training sessions just because I feel an obligation to not keep important information from people I know could really use it. It's what I'd hope someone would do for me. Anyway, I feel that it will all come back to me. It is frustrating getting my paycheck for 2 weeks in the amount I'd make in 5 nights of serving cocktails or 2-3 nights bartending. That sucks... but I feel good about what I do, I'm healthier, and I sleep better at night. Maybe I just need to get my clients drunk before I bill them?

I had a great swim today. I called almost everyone who I know swims in town, but everyone was busy with other obligations. So, I decided to swim alone... it was better that way I figured because I tend to swim more without the distraction of another person.

I was sitting in the spa warming up listening to the swim instructor, Linda, talk about strokes, triathlon, and random swim facts to the other members. I slipped into the only lane free, but noticed it was reserved for class. I told Linda to kick me out once she needed it. She told me that she didn't expect many people to show, so I was OK.

A few laps later, she stopped me and asked if I wanted to join her Masters class. I thought to myself, why the hell not? There was a cute visiting assistant that I found motivational as well. I have mostly been swimming freestyle for as long as I can remember, with the occasional butterfly, and most of this workout was IM type stuff, in a 50 meter pool mind you. So I struggled through the 50 fly sets, but everything else was fine. After 1 1/2 hours I was pooped! Quite the motivation it was... and having 2 people correct my strokes was helpful. But, my momma taught me well. Thinking back, I can only remember being coached by someone other than her when I was about 10. Apparently I am a decent stroker... who knew?

So I'm excited about the things to come... travel, less hours working, but still frustrated with finances. It is such an expensive place to live! My studio is nearly perfected however... I feel really good about my home and the warmth it brings me. Oh, and Ryan is finally home. We've got a full house, two gals, two guys, and two pups. The sexes are balanced as of now, but when Luna leaves the males outnumber the females... not a household I'm used to! Good times in Los Osos.

No comments: