Friday, March 17, 2006

Going the Distance

It's raining again, and I'm getting pretty excited about Spring coming! I had an early morning this morning--up at 5:45am, but much better than the 4:30am gig I pull on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

This week I have really felt alive; I started my long distance cardio again. I've had a few good 5-6 mile runs, a 2700 meter swim, ran from Kennedy 2.5 miles to the base of Madonna where I ran up and down the mountain and then 2.5 miles back to work... 1 hour and 38 minutes, tried my first African Dance class, had another few runs and swims... I feel great.

I still haven't gotten myself on my road bike. I've been out on my cruizin' bike quite a bit putzing around Los Osos, but that's about it. The dirt and sand are quite fun to bounce around on, even without shocks.

The full moon was a little crazy, but surprisingly enough not for me... I hid. I was at work of course, where I ran into the usual crazies, but nothing extraordinary. At a local Denny's (about 15 miles from my home) we had a random act of violence. A homeless man walked in with two semi-automatics and shot a bunch of people, killing 3 and injuring a few more, then killed himself. Crazy.

I miss lifting weights. I may get in a short session today, but long cardio has been working wonders for my spirit!

Luna goes home this weekend. I can't take it anymore. She has been chewing, whining, waking the neighbors, slept on my new couche last night leaving her fur behind, and chewed my wallet this morning. I'm over it. No mas Luna. She means well, but I need my sanity back... at least as much as I've had lately.

No comments: