Saturday, May 27, 2006

Lunatics

Strangely enough, after I wrote 'Idle' last night, I checked the phase of the moon online. For the past 3 or so years, I have always had a moon chart or two around the house, and now I don't. The point is, I used to know where I was in the lunar cycle every few days, and now, I only see what appears during the day or night. I still pay attention, but not as much.

Over the years, as I've paid attention, I notice a shift in my energy and the energy of those around me. It was really apparent when I worked in restaurants. What I've noticed is that with the waxing moon (when it's getting fuller) the mood lifts, almost in hope of what is to come. With the full moon, it's like the culmination of that good mood, all the good energy; the climax per say. After the full moon, the energy wanes or slowly drains away. And, like last night, when there's no moon, apparently it's hard to connect to the earth's energy at all.

There have been studies about the moon and how it causes lunacy in people. I wonder if that's why people are called lunatics? Ha. Probably.

So what was striking about last night is how I felt... on idle. Like I had no feeling, no emotion, no opinion, no drive. Right after I wrote, I checked my favorite moon website... absolutely no moon. 0.0% illumination! It confirmed how much I'm connected to the supernatural.

Is it better to know? Well, I feel more justified in my idle attitude, but if I'd never made that connection to the lunar cycle, would it still have the same crazy pull on me? I think yes.

If you're curious what the moon was doing when you were born, check this website and enter your birthday. And, just if you were curious about me, yes, I was born on a full moon. Go figure.

Oh, and for good measure, a picture of our favorite Lunatic, and yes, she's peeing in the lake :O)

No comments: