Monday, May 22, 2006

Pennies

I'm frustrated... still.

I'm broke. I made $580 in two weeks. Two weeks of getting up at 4:30am, two weeks of frequent 12 hour days. My rent is $625. In less than two weeks, I have no place to live.

So here are my options:

1. Get a new job.
2. Keep my current job and get another job.
3. Move away.
4. Sell photos online.
5. Start a kids program.

I can't believe how incredibly hard I've been working for such little pay, with a college degree! Chris and I just looked at the job listings in the paper for a better opportunity... a Wine Club Manager was the only appealing job.

I think my best resources right now are my clients... the business owners, the web designers... surely they must see potential in me.

I was on the verge of tears all day after getting my paycheck. It's just not right. I don't even make half of the personal training rates the club charges... not even half. That in combo with the commute is leaving me with a bad headache and knots in my stomach.

In the meantime, it's the time of year for parties... bdays, wine festivals, beer fest, blues fest, coworkers leaving... all which requires money. At least I have a good excuse for staying in as often as I do.

When does it get easier?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Have you considered writing? Maybe you can contract with online companies? You are obviously a talented writer - I love the previous post!
How much advertising are you doing for your personal training? Can you go to health food stores and put up flyers...offer a 2 for 1 or 'get ready for summer' special?
What does your heart tell you to do? Sometimes we know what we really want to do, but we convince ourselves not to do it; fears, worries, excuses, all the what-if's. Try not to worry about failure and go for what YOU feel is best!(Can you tell I am the oldest child? I have lots of big sister advice)