Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oh to get back to that wave...

Well, I'm back. Back to work, back to reality.

It's been a few weeks since I've written, mostly because I've been swept away in work and things. Wildflower Triathlon was the weekend Ray and I got home. We had so much fun with the family... Christa, Mom, Larry, Kurt, Ray, Chelsea, Lilly, Bennett and of course Taylor. Some of our friends from SLO also competed. It was a great festival weekend. The race was hot and hilly, just as I'd remembered. It was a lot harder to race completely untrained, but none the less, I finished with an OK time.

I felt great for a few weeks being home... amazingly fabulous until the same work issues presented themselves. I'm still waiting to hear on the new proposal I wrote. We should have known a few weeks ago, but no word yet. Apparently there have been some delays. That part is frustrating for me. I hesitate to commit to too many people at the club because I'm not sure what the future holds for me there. Frustrating. It may be time for me to create my own project. Maybe this weekend I'll work on creating my next job...

I realized I haven't posted any pictures in a while. Let me see if I can find any--I'm on Ray's computer...



Here's one of me dropping into a wave in Waikiki. I love those warm slow rollers. I could surf there all day--in fact, that's all I'd want to do if I lived there.

I had the most stressful day at work today I've had I think ever. The boss man really came down on our department, and most other departments in the building. People are getting laid off, hours cut back, pay reduced... it's mayhem. Being a manager is not fun in these times.

I felt the stress vibrate in my body for the beginning of the day... a few hours went by and I'd seemingly shaken it off, but as I made it home and relaxed, the stress turned into anger which turned into to tears. I was angry that something like this has to happen, angry that we can't afford as a company to pay our employees the cost of living. Such raw frustration.

I really feel like it's time to take the wheel and create what exactly I want. Since being back from vacation I've set better boundaries. I sleep in, train few clients and really take care of myself first. Sleeping in makes all the difference in the freaking world. I am twice as happy.

Well, now I think I'll focus on what's next. Start to create a new vision... anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

Hana said...

I have an idea. How about starting a new business teaching pilates, yoga and personal training/ liestyle and nutrition. I have been mulling over the possibility
of becoming piates certified and and possibly opening up a business. We could start small and then invedst in pilates equipment and then in a space. what do you think?

Jenna said...

Let's do it!

I studied pilates locally last year for a while and found it really interesting.

I had issues with my tight hips and didn't complete my training... but I feel like combining all those elements is truly a beautiful mixture for life.

There's a really cool facility in the bay area called Reformation Studio... but to my understanding it may take us quite a long time to learn all the equipment. That'd be fun!