Friday, December 14, 2007

Opinions and Judgements

I've noticed a few things as of late. The way I am living my life right now provokes many people to create strong opinions of me and also strong judgements.

Sometimes it's the car-less factor... making some feel insecure about the amount they spend on transportation or even just on gas. Those environmentally savvy people couldn't be more stoked about my decision. And then sometimes it's the 3 job factor, or sometimes the no insurance factor, or this that or the other.

Now I'm a strongly opinionated person, and the more opinions I collect from my peers, clients, friends and colleagues, the more I want to push them all away.

Is it just that it's different, or am I making people uncomfortable... so uncomfortable I'm receiving unsolicited advice. I can only take so much... and there are only a few in my close circle whose opinions I solicit... because I genuinely care what their opinion is.

So... I've been playing Ani Difranco's album Imperfectly a lot lately. It's got Ani's depth, but just enough light to it. There's a line I can't get enough of...

strangers are exciting
their mystery never ends
but there's nothing like looking at your own history
in the faces of your friends

I've been thinking of relocating on a few different levels... mostly because I get tired of looking at my history in the faces of my friends... or ex boyfriends rather...

Can't get enough of that album... well, until enough is enough.

And... Pinecrest Calendar is 90% done!

1 comment:

pedro said...

we gots to talk some Ani lyrics then. no matta what.

and some unsolicited advice is super, some, lame.