Monday, March 24, 2008

Glass

I sold a photo! It's an 'abstract glass' 9 by 12 canvas.

I've had some work posted on The Untapped Resource, a photography site for a few months. But with very little traffic to the site, I haven't sold any work--until today!

Someone decided to buy one! Although that only amounts to a few dollars, it means a lot.

I've been thinking about a turn in the road, perhaps a new career route... photography is one option, but I'd need to put some focus and energy into it. Wedding photography would be fun, or portraits. What a creative job!

I decided to run the full 26.2 marathon again... and started a few training runs this weekend. It really just gave me the focus and consistency I needed last year. It's hard to let anything get you down when you run so much.

I'm booked with fire department testing all week this week, and hopefully I'll have everyone done by next Friday.

The musician and I are heading up to the bay area on Friday to see Susan's Beau Cung fight one of the Shamrock brothers. It should be a good one! Coming from someone who has been so timid around fighting her whole life, I'm opening up to the sport of it. I still cover my eyes for the blood of course.

That shot I took, abstract glass is really about seeing the world in a different perspective, and that's exactly what I need to do right now... filter some of this worry and anxiety to see a brand new light.

No comments: