Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Disappearing Act

Ok, so maybe I haven't found enough time to write lately, but I find if I don't write about something while it's happening, there is always something else I feel compelled to write about.

I've been formulating the next newsletter for the last month or two... not feeling like it's ready, but when it is, it will be worth reading.

So today is Wednesday. Yesterday I worked from 5:30am and didn't get home until 9ish. Yes, I did take 3 hours to workout and a lunch break and a spin class, but I was still exhausted. Maybe even more so that if I'd just been working others out and not myself. While I was working, one of my coworkers came in to workout, saying he needed cardio. I agreed, and said that I too needed a mega dose of consistent cardio. We talked about both being on a fat loss mission. He says, "want to make a contest out of it?" I immediately replied, "yes!" as that was just the motivation I was looking for.

Don't get me wrong, for the last 2 months or so I've been very committed to my fitness goals, increasing cardio, lifting a lot. But now, this is forcing me to take a very close look at my diet. For the most part it is great, but I do slip up for sweets or salts eventually. Over the next few hours, we recruited at least a dozen more participants.

We took our baseline bodyfat measurements yesterday. I'm at 21.8% body fat... which is well within the normal range, but I have a bit to lose... and some incentive. It's $25/person to enter, and with at least 10 participants, the prize would be $250ish. That's what I'm talking about!

I did a few calculations, and if I were to lose 13lbs of fat, I'd be at 14.6% body fat... could I win with that loss? It's about 1.6lbs per week since it's an 8 week program. If I were to lose 18lbs, I'd be at 11.7% body fat... which is probably a little low for me. Something also to consider is the triathlon training, and converting these muscles from lifting muscles to swim/bike/run muscles. Oh this is going to be fun!!!

This is a true test of my commitment to this field. Losing weight is an uphill battle, and boy do I like to climb those mountains!

No comments: