Monday, April 24, 2006

Old Lady

It's not yet 9:15pm, and already I'm past my bedtime. This lifestyle I've created is quite refreshing by day, but pretty lame at night. Every day this week I have 5:30am appointments, and I can't blame people for wanting to get their exercise in before work... but man alive! It's seeming earlier and earlier each time. I don't know how long I can handle it.

The largest change has been my lack of drinking and late nights, which I can't say is necessarily a bad thing. My evenings have evolved so much that on weekends I have no urge to go out. I've really disconnected with most social things besides work. I joke about it frequently, and I don't think it'd be so dreary if I had someone to keep me company... other than my now stinky dog.

Some good news: my orchid is about to re-bloom! I've killed a few orchids in my life... but currently I have 2 live, healthy plants, one of which is getting pretty close to blooming! Perhaps the sheet will block it's sun? Maybe it will be an evening sheet?

I do have a beautiful place to live in this studio... but rarely do I have company, or even the energy to entertain. Maybe it's just a little hibernation.

No comments: