Saturday, February 25, 2006

Into the Light

It's Friday night and man am I exciting! I worked today, first at Kennedy then ran to a meeting downtown for an hour. She talked too much and I missed my opportunity to eat lunch, because I needed to make it back to Kennedy. Protein bar it was until dinner... frustrating.

I had a dinner meeting with the team for the After School Enrichment Program. We went to the new Natural Cafe, which I was contemplating managing. It was divine, but there's no way I could have survived on that salary and those hours. This much I know.

So I drove myself home, cuddled up on the couch with both dogs and fell asleep... at 9pm. Ryan came home at 11pm surprisingly enough. I thought he was still in Jersey, but apparently he's been in what Sheila calls 'the armpit of California' or Fresno. I guess they have a big need for solar in those armpit cities?

Now it's 1am, and I'm contemplating what to do with my day tomorrow. I'd like to make it to my first bikram class at 10am, but not sure if that's a possibility... we'll see how much sleep I need, eh?

I saw The Musician today. I felt it before I saw him, in fact I was expecting it. He walked by the fitness office and gave me a look, just merely a look of recognition and then walked away. Kind of symbolic. I just hope he is happy in life. One of the trainers today asked if I was 'on the market' or not. I hesitated but admitted that yes, I am single... but weary. It takes a lot for me to trust and really care, and it's going to take even longer next time. Is this why so many people end up forever single, just building bitterness from past relationships?

I am proud of myself for my choices lately. I'm really taking care of myself; I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible, daily exercise of some form and good nutrients. I'm doing just fine by myself, but I do miss being in love.

I've been listening to Dr. Rob Gilbert every morning. He leaves a message recording on his answering machine. He's a professor on the east coast, and is just brilliant and inspiring. He adds stories to each lesson, and the lessons really do stick and continue to inspire. Today, he said he has the secret to life in six words, of which he added two more after the ice skating finals:

When you fall down, get up... and smile.

If you're interested, his number is: 973-743-4690... call it.

Oh, done at Avila for good. I fell when teaching on Thursday. I was so exhausted I could no longer lift my legs... apparently. I told my old boss, that was it... no mas.

And finally my Los Osos sky; a peaceful space:

No comments: