Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Skinny Bitch

Sometimes I get wound up, about what I'm doing in life, where I work, money, friends, etc. I get into an over-analytical state of mind and become so self critical it's paralyzing.

When traveling back to San Jose, the home of my family, it's like the place is charged with negative ions. Maybe it's the unconditional love and support, no matter my state of mind, and the freedom to do what I want without judgement.

Taylor and I drove up north last Thursday... I got some pool time with my sister, some yoga, some self reflection, a couple runs, a fantastic sail, and a big party for Larry's Birthday and Father's Day. Larry requested a chocolate cake with banana and nutella filling and a bright yellow frosting. So, that's what he got! I used the extra chocolate mouse/nutella blend to paint a brown bird on top. The best part was, the entire cake was vegan... which brings me to my next point.

I've experimented with all kinds of diets, not real diets per say, but dietary habits. For the past few months, I've eaten a lot of fish, eggs, some cheese, frozen yogurt, and regular yogurt. Now common diets would tell you, these things are part of a healthy weight loss program. Not for me. I am 10 lbs heavier than where I like to be, and was a few months ago, and have been exercising a lot.

So, thought back to the 2 times I'd felt the best in my last few years. What were the commonalities? Vegan, yoga, running. It's my perfect combination, where I can lean out and have the body I really love. This time around I've started Pilates reformer classes to really sculpt my lower abs. The musician and I have a contest going where if he gets an 8 pack, I buy him an mp3 player for the pool, and if I get a 6 pack, he buys me designer jeans :)

When I went home, I knew I could easily eat vegan for those 5 days and planned to carry the plan forward. I feel better digestively than I have in months. I've run about 20 miles in the last 3 days which really helps, but my system feels clean. What I like about being vegan is being able to really eat nuts and seeds and know that they are essential to my diet. The protein is fat laden, yes, but good fats that help digestion. And I have good running fuel, I'm not weighed down!

I feel good. I'm starting to see the remnants of that body I've missed so much. So, long story short, I'm ready to be a skinny bitch again.

No comments: