Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Weddings...

It's Tuesday; back to the grind. This weekend was amazing... so much fun. We left Saturday morning and stopped in San Jose to see my parents and friends for lunch, and made it up to Healdsburg by 4ish. We took a slight detour through the city as we had too much fun snapping funny faces of each other in the truck and missed 880. So we made it in to the city and missed the 101 entrance, then missed the 580 entrance, and just decided to call it a wash, people watch and enjoy the view. If you can't change the situation, make due, blast the radio and enjoy the company you're with.

Saturday night I spent meeting endless seas of people, all of which were very nice and welcomed me with open arms. We called it an early night so we could watch the first CBS publicized MMA fights. I don't know how I've gotten into this, but I really like it. Sunday we slept in, drank coffee and ate bran muffins in bed, I went for a run while The Musician strummed the guitar. We took a brief wine tasting tour and got ready for the wedding.

Of course we got lost and made it just in time. The wedding was small--about 100 people, very elegant, yet casual. The humor was light, jokes large and drinking heavy. It made for good times.

So the bouquet toss. I (being a bit marriage phobic) pushed all the tall girls in front of me while I happily stayed way in the back. Wouldn't you know it, the damn thing came right to me... I didn't even move at all, but rather just put my hands out at hip level to make sure it didn't drop. Yikes! Good thing I'm not superstitious.

The party was great, food, drinks, dancing, a bar afterwards and safely returning to some good ol' fried food at 1AM. Oh, our key didn't work at the hotel which left me sitting frustrated and tired in the hall and Sam moving mountains to get us in our room. We survived, happy and back to the grind!

No comments: