Sunday, June 22, 2008

Waning with a Twist

It's a waning gibbous. Translation: the full moon is getting smaller. Usually when this happens it signifies the anticlimax to the full moon, when something is ending or going back to normal. I'm hoping for the latter but with a twist.

I have studied behavior during the full moon for years, and I'm sure have written a few times about it on this blog. It tends to bring people from your past back to your present, maybe so you can reclassify them, and also brings climactic moments to situations that needed to come to a head. This full moon for me was nothing short of both those scenarios.

How do you know if the relationship you're in is right? Is there a test you take to show proficiency, an exit exam from one phase to another, or maybe you just know? What happens when one person in the relationship doubts whether they're 'ready' for you. Is that just a cop out for 'I'm just not that into you' or does it mean, 'I could be with you forever but forever isn't in my vocabulary?'. Does the dance of a relationship ever end, or does it continue to change shape with every situation.

I've played the games before, I've been yanked around, I've figured out what I don't want and what I do want... and I'm level headed about myself and my relationship.

My other question is, if you give it all, all the time, what's left for the other person to work for? But what happens when you love someone so much you become a moth to a flame in tough times. Does this prove that too much of a good thing goes bad?

For as many uncertainties that are in my life, I know myself, I know how I feel and what I want, and clear intentions are priceless. Now the only remaining question is, what does the other side of the coin show?

It appears the heat wave is breaking. Maybe today will be 90 degrees instead of 110.

No comments: