Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Alive Again

I feel rejuvenated. I hitched a ride home with Ray this weekend... for some much needed home-time. On Sunday, my mom and I ran up at Santa Teresa Park for at least an hour... then we drove to the gym and went for a spa soak and a 30 minute swim. I felt alive again.

Sunday was Chinese New Year. We are embarking upon the year of the dog--me! I called one of my favorite healers for some massage/energy work. He showed up late, as always, but worked for at least 3 hours. He found that my Iodine levels were off, my left leg distributing weight unevenly, the radial nerves in my arms blocked... and so much more.

I have been in touch with my body for a long time, and for someone to justify all of the pain and imbalance feels so good. Now I have new goals and new things to focus on. He told me he needed to work on me again, so came back yesterday for another hour and a half. I feel like a new person.

The most impactful thing he told me was that I was holding about 15 lbs of extra water weight! I had gotten on the scale a few days before and was freaking out at the number... I knew I had been better to myself than that. Come to find out... it's birth control pills again. It seems the imbalance in the estrogen and progesterone in the pills I have been taking have caused hypothyroidism... a slower metabolism, and water retention. Whew! I stopped taking them that day. It's not worth it... and I knew something was seriously off. I've been exhausted.

Anyway, today I go in to Kennedy to train with a few different people. Once I get my system locked in, it's go time. I have tons of ideas... and it seems that this business can be very profittable. Who knew?

No comments: