Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Almost there....

Day 2, week 4. 54 more days until graduation and I'm beginning to salivate. The reality of being done is coming more clear every day. I know I will miss this though. The group of peers interested in the same information, motivated beyond belief. The laughter, the friendships... part of me regrets not being more social in this grad program, but being a home body once the sun goes down has always been my story.

I'm excited to explore possibilities working here on the central coast, whether for myself or someone else. I would love to mix my two worlds that have lived so separately... the world of wellness and the world of business.

It's 6AM and I'm sipping on my coffee, not wanting to study for my noon test. If I stall long enough, the sun will be up and it will be time to run the dogs. Or I could get some other homework out of the way, or study for tomorrow's exam? In this 70-85 degree weather, I can't help but to smile. Sam and I went away last weekend and I was able to take a really deep breath... to kind of put into perspective the things in life that have been troubling me... they are just stressors, and I've chosen them all.

I applied for this program less than a year ago, and I'm almost done with it. That's amazing. A year ago I was sitting at my desk at City Hall wondering where and what would make me happier than sitting in that office.

I've always known I wasn't one for stagnation, and getting unstuck was the best thing for me. As a whole, I've been much happier... so now to plan the next move.

No comments: